Over a career that spans three decades, Ken Lombard has amassed extensive experience in business development, management, investment banking, economic development, corporate expansion and real estate investment. He is widely recognized for having led numerous successful real estate investments and business ventures that fostered economic improvement and urban renewal in underserved minority communities throughout the United States.
Mr. Lombard is responsible for the overall direction of BRIDGE Housing, a leading nonprofit developer, owner and manager of over 15,000 units of affordable housing valued at over three billion dollars. He joined BRIDGE in November 2021. Mr. Lombard joins BRIDGE from Seritage Growth Properties (NYSE: SRG), where he served most recently as Special Advisor; he was an original Board member when Seritage went public in 2015 and subsequently served as Seritage’s EVP and COO. Seritage is a self-administered and self-managed REIT with properties totaling approximately 39 million square feet of space across 49 states and Puerto Rico.
Earlier, Mr. Lombard was President of MacFarlane Partners, an investment management firm that acquires, develops and manages real estate assets on behalf of pensions and institutional investors. Prior to joining MacFarlane Partners, Mr. Lombard served as Vice Chairman, Partner and head of investments for Capri Capital Partners, and President of the Capri Urban Fund, which invested in more than $1 billion in commercial, residential and mixed-use development, redevelopment and repositioning projects in densely populated urban markets of the U.S.
Immediately prior to joining Capri, Mr. Lombard served as President of Starbucks Entertainment, where he provided vision and strategy for the group’s entertainment initiatives. In March 2007, he managed the collaboration with Concord Music to form a new Starbucks music label, Hear Music™.
Before joining Starbucks, Mr. Lombard helped launch Johnson Development Corporation (JDC) in 1992 and spent 12 years as the President and Partner of the firm. He was instrumental in fulfilling the company’s mission to become one of the nation’s foremost urban development companies. During his tenure as President and Partner, he negotiated numerous partnerships that brought entertainment complexes, coffee houses, restaurants, and retail centers to minority communities in more than 65 cities and 17 states. Mr. Lombard’s groundbreaking partnership with Earvin “Magic” Johnson has left a legacy of economic improvement within minority communities nationwide.
- National Inner City Economic Leadership Award, Initiative for a Competitive Inner City, 2007
- Brandweek Marketer of the Year, 2005
- Urban League Individual Spirit Award, 2004
- National Architecture Association Award, 2003
- 100 Black Men Business and Economic Leadership Award, 2001
- Board of Directors, Aventine Property Group, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Cadiz, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Stewards of Affordable Housing for the Future
- Board of Trustees, Seritage Growth Properties–chair of the Compensation Committee and member of the Audit Committee (Past Appointment)
- Board of Directors, City Year (Past Appointment)
- Board of Directors, Timberland Company (Past Appointment)
- Board of Directors, One United Bank (Past Appointment)
- Los Angeles Fire Department Commission (Past Appointment)
- Los Angeles Charter Reform Commission (Past Appointment)
- Board of Directors, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (Past Appointment)
- Board of Commissioners, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (Past Appointment)
- Board Member, Los Angeles Educational Alliance for Restructuring Now (Past Appointment)
- Bachelor of Arts, Communication, University of Washington