Kenneth T. Lombard, President & CEO, is responsible for the overall direction of BRIDGE Housing, a leading nonprofit developer, owner and manager of affordable housing. He joined BRIDGE in November 2021.
Over a career that spans three decades, Mr. Lombard has garnered extensive experience in business development, management, investment banking, economic development, corporate expansion and real estate investment. Mr. Lombard joins BRIDGE from Seritage Growth Properties (NYSE: SRG), where he served most recently as Special Advisor; he was an original Board member when Seritage went public in 2015 and subsequently served as Seritage’s EVP and COO. Seritage is a self-administered and self-managed REIT with properties totaling approximately 39 million square feet of space across 49 states and Puerto Rico.
Earlier, Mr. Lombard was President of MacFarlane Partners, an investment management firm that acquires, develops and manages real estate assets on behalf of pensions and institutional investors. Prior to joining MacFarlane Partners, Mr. Lombard served as Vice Chairman, Partner and head of investments for Capri Capital Partners, and President of the Capri Urban Fund, which invested in more than $1 billion in commercial, residential and mixed-use development, redevelopment and repositioning projects in densely populated urban markets of the U.S.
From 2004 to 2008, Mr. Lombard was President of Starbucks Entertainment, where he managed the collaboration with Concord Music to form a new Starbucks music label. In 1992, Mr. Lombard co-founded Johnson Development Corporation and spent 12 years as the President and Partner of the firm, creating a legacy of economic improvement in underserved communities of color in 65 cities and 17 states. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from the University of Washington.
- National Inner City Economic Leadership Award, Initiative for a Competitive Inner City, 2007
- Brandweek Marketer of the Year, 2005
- Urban League Individual Spirit Award, 2004
- National Architecture Association Award, 2003
- 100 Black Men Business and Economic Leadership Award, 2001
- Board of Directors, Aventine Property Group, Inc.
- Board of Trustees, Seritage Growth Properties–chair of the Compensation Committee and member of the Audit Committee (Past Appointment)
- Board of Directors, City Year (Past Appointment)
- Board of Directors, Timberland Company (Past Appointment)
- Board of Directors, One United Bank (Past Appointment)
- Los Angeles Fire Department Commission (Past Appointment)
- Los Angeles Charter Reform Commission (Past Appointment)
- Board of Directors, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (Past Appointment)
- Board of Commissioners, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (Past Appointment)
- Board Member, Los Angeles Educational Alliance for Restructuring Now (Past Appointment)